Travel in Europe Tip: What type of websites should I use to book online tickets for major attractions?
The answer is simple: always use the official sites.
When I search the tickets for some attractions in Barcelona, I run into all kinds of tour sites that sell tickets although they are not the official sites. There are two problems with those tour sites:
1. Those tour sites will add extra transaction fees.
2. Those tour sites might have problem processing the purchase.
It happened to me once when I trie to book tickets for one major Spain attraction in Barcelona, I noticed the extra fee (around 10-15 euro for 4 tickets), I decided to still use this site to complete the transaction, after I entered credit card number and hit submit button, the transaction failed. My second attempt failed as well.
So I searched the official site of the attraction, found it and started booking tickets on the official site, it has no extra transaction fee and it went through very smoothly.
Search for official site is easy, just enter text like this in google or any other search sites:
Barcelona Picasso Museum official site
When I search the tickets for some attractions in Barcelona, I run into all kinds of tour sites that sell tickets although they are not the official sites. There are two problems with those tour sites:
1. Those tour sites will add extra transaction fees.
2. Those tour sites might have problem processing the purchase.
It happened to me once when I trie to book tickets for one major Spain attraction in Barcelona, I noticed the extra fee (around 10-15 euro for 4 tickets), I decided to still use this site to complete the transaction, after I entered credit card number and hit submit button, the transaction failed. My second attempt failed as well.
So I searched the official site of the attraction, found it and started booking tickets on the official site, it has no extra transaction fee and it went through very smoothly.
Search for official site is easy, just enter text like this in google or any other search sites:
Barcelona Picasso Museum official site
Comments
Post a Comment